RPA – Managing Roles in Automation Anywhere (AA)
As part of your job role –
Do you manage users and decide what function(s) they have access to? – If the answer is yes, then it is imperative that you know how to manage roles & assign roles to users in Automation Anywhere.
In this article, I will specifically focus on ROLES and try to answer questions like –
- What kind of roles are available in AA?
- Can we create a custom role?
- How to create a custom role?
Here is a snippet of Automation Anywhere Control Room Administration screen –
So, there are two kinds of roles available in AA –
- System Created Roles (otherwise known as ‘Default’ Roles or ‘Preconfigured’ Roles)
- These roles come default as part of AA configuration
- User Created roles (otherwise known as ‘Custom’ Roles)
- These types of roles can be created by users from scratch and functionality can be defined as needed
What is possible with these roles? – Check the info below –
In addition, you can perform the following tasks on a role –
Following table lists all ‘System Created Roles’ –
*Bot Insight, BotFarm, and IQ Bot roles are displayed only if you have respective licenses
Following table lists all permissions that can be set for a user-created role –
All this info is well documented on AA’s website. Do keep a tab for latest updates.
Please drop in a message with regards to the article and / or future post recommendations. Thank you.
Good luck with the automation journey!!
#rpa #automation #automationanywhere #virtualworkforce #intelligentautomation #processautomation #automate #digitalworkforce #digitaltranformation #roboticprocessautomation #controlroom #administration #roles #managingroles